Karmak eData Exchange
Karmak eData Exchange is the electronic transmission of data from one computer system to another computer system. This Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) in the form of purchase orders, invoices, or other related business information allows two companies (referred to as trading partners) to conduct certain business transactions with limited or no human intervention.
In order to ensure each computer system can process the data received, "EDI Standards" are utilized when formatting the data during transmission. By using an EDI translator at the sending and receiving sites, or more commonly transmitting the data through a Value Added Network (VAN) where it is translated using the EDI Standards, both the sending computer and the receiving computer can correctly read and process the transaction.
Karmak eData Exchange for outbound transactions will capture the necessary data from the Karmak Fusion business system and transmit it to a VAN where it will be translated to the required format to enable processing by the receiving trading partner. eData Exchange for inbound transactions will periodically connect to the VAN and retrieve any transaction data that has been transmitted from a sending trading partner.
eData Exchange Benefits & Features
- Non-interactive process for conducting business transactions between EDI trading partners
- Data is processed without re-keying at either the sending or receiving sites
Data Exchange options are available to process the following transaction documents.
- Inbound Purchase Order – Receives an EDI purchase order from the customer trading partner and automatically creates/prints a pick list to be filled and shipped.
- Outbound Purchase Order – Automatically transmits an EDI purchase order to a vendor trading partner when an order for that vendor is finalized.
- Inbound Invoice – Receives an EDI invoice from a vendor trading partner, verifies that the part number(s), quantity and cost match the original purchase order and posts the invoice to accounts payable. If a discrepancy exists between the invoice and purchase order a variance report prints to allow for investigating errors.
- Outbound Invoice – Automatically transmits an EDI invoice to the customer trading partner whenever an order is processed and invoiced.
- Vendor Managed Inventory – Automatically transmits EDI documents required to allow vendor trading partners to evaluate stocking requirements and create the necessary purchase orders.